On this page you can find the Association’s scholarship programs for students who plan to pursue career or technical training.
Horatio Alger National Career & Technical Scholarship Program (1020 awards up to $2,500 each)
Receive up to $2,500 to pursue a career or technical certificate/degree
- Have completed high school (or earned a GED)
- Will be enrolled in eligible program in Fall 2017
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.
The application will open March 15 for students enrolled in a post-secondary program in Fall 2017.