New Program Outline
The Horatio Alger Association is restructuring its Collegiate Partners (CP) program in order to create an additional connect point with its Scholars that will enable them to succeed academically, personally and professionally.
- Identify and establish ongoing communication with key officials at each CP institution (e.g., financial aid officers, resident life, academic support staff).
- Create Scholar cohorts at each CP institution by coordinating and sponsoring activities (e.g., pizza parties, social activities) that will connect Scholars at each institution and enable them to develop familial ties. One or more Scholar Ambassadors will be identified at each institution, who will assist in organizing and implementing cohort activities.
- Connect Scholars and Alumni from each CP institution to establish mentorship and leadership development opportunities.
Below is the list of educational institutions who will be included in the first phase of the new CP program. The Association intends to expand the number of CP institutions in the future.
- Arizona State University
- Augustana University
- Dakota State University
- South Dakota State University
- Stanford University
- Long Island University
- McNeese University
- University of California – San Diego
- University of Nebraska – Lincoln
- Ohio State University
- University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- University of Texas – Austin
- Cornell University
- Harvard University
- Santa Clara University
- Ohio Wesleyan University
- Trinity University