Horatio Alger Scholarship Applications
The Horatio Alger Association has multiple scholarship programs available to students.
Please review the eligibility criteria and then click the button underneath the program that pertains to your educational goals in order to start an application.
2023 State and National Scholarship Program
To be eligible to apply for a Horatio Alger State Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria*:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school junior in the United States
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution)
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen
The undergraduate application is available annually from December 1 to March 15.APPLY NOW
2023 Targeted Scholarship Program
The Association offers several scholarship programs that either require an applicant to pursue a specific degree or attend a specific university. These specialized programs are funded through the generosity of individual Horatio Alger Members. Please scroll down to see if any of these programs line up with your choices.
The following criteria applies to all programs below:
- High school senior
- Critical financial need ($55,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is required)
- Integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- United States citizenship
For more specific eligibility criteria please refer to the program listings below:
The undergraduate application is available annually from December 1 to March 15.APPLY NOW LEARN MORE FAQs