David E. Ritchie MBA/MGB Grant Application Instructions
Thanks to Association Member David E. Ritchie, Horatio Alger National Scholars/Alumni interested in obtaining a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or a Master of Global Business (MGB) degree have the opportunity to receive a grant of up to $32,000 to earn their MBA or MGB at the University of Victoria in Canada. One grant is available to be awarded this year. Please note that this grant may not cover all costs associated with the MBA/MGB program. The application is available from January 1 -February 15.
- Be an undergraduate recipient of a Horatio Alger Scholarship currently in good standing with the Association
- Have a minimum 3.0 (B average) undergraduate cumulative GPA
- Have completed an undergraduate degree no later than May 31, 2020
- Offer evidence of community service and/or civic involvement
- Present evidence of leadership skills
- Provide two academic or professional references
- Supply appropriate standardized test scores (GMAT)
- Be accepted into the MBA/MGB program at the University of Victoria
- Must plan to begin your MBA/MGB in August 2020.
1. Review a checklist of important information about applying to the University of Victoria by taking the “Before You Apply” Quiz, here:Then, read through University of Victoria MBA and MGB program information to make sure you meet the requirements of the program.
3. Complete an online application atby April 30, 2020. Please follow the international application guidelines. Note that there is a $100.00 non-refundable fee to apply to the University of Victoria.