Alumnus of the Year – Nominations
Nominations have now closed for the Alumni of the Year Award.
Each year, the Horatio Alger Association recognizes one Alumni Scholar who has earned an undergraduate degree and distinguished himself or herself academically, professionally, and philanthropically.
The Alumnus of the Year Award includes a $10,000 grant from the Association as well as recognition in printed and digital publications. Grant funds may be used towards continuing education, outstanding educational loans, or as a $10,000 scholarship donation to the recipient’s high school.
Alumni are encouraged to self-nominate or nominate a peer by following the guidelines and process detailed below.
- Nominees must have received their first undergraduate degree on or before December 31, 2015.
- Nominees must demonstrate integrity, determination, and perseverance in overcoming adversity.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to their academic, professional, and/or personal community.
- Nominees must be committed to the goals and ideals of the Horatio Alger Association.
- Previous nominees may not apply.
The following information must be completed and uploaded via the form below by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on November 8. All materials (excluding letters of recommendation) must be uploaded together.
- Nomination Form
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Letters must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) on November 8. Letters must be attached as either a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file. No other formats will be accepted.
- At least one letter must highlight professional, civic, or philanthropic accomplishments
Email all questions to email@example.com.