Alumnus of the Year – Nominations
Each year, the Horatio Alger Association recognizes one Alumni Scholar who has earned an undergraduate degree and distinguished himself or herself academically, professionally, and/or philanthropically.
The Alumnus of the Year Award includes a $10,000 grant from the Association as well as recognition in printed and digital publications. Grant funds may be used towards continuing education, outstanding educational loans, or as a $10,000 scholarship donation to the recipient’s high school.
Alumni are encouraged to self-nominate or nominate a peer by following the guidelines and process detailed below.
- Nominees must have received their first undergraduate degree on or before December 31, 2015.
- Nominees must demonstrate integrity, determination, and perseverance in overcoming adversity.
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to their academic, professional, and/or personal community.
- Nominees must be committed to the goals and ideals of the Horatio Alger Association.
- Previous awardees may not apply.
The following information must be completed and uploaded via the form below by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on December 15. All materials (excluding letters of recommendation) must be uploaded together.
- Nomination Form
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Letters must be submitted to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on December 15. Letters must be attached as either a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file. No other formats will be accepted.
- At least one letter must highlight professional, civic, or philanthropic accomplishments
Email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.