500 scholarships at up to $2,500 each
The Career & Technical Scholarship Program is funded through the generosity of Horatio Alger Association Members, Jim F. Dicke II and Dennis Washington. Scholarships are awarded to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States.
- Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential)
- Enrolled in eligible program in Fall 2021
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.
If you are a school official, you may sign up for our Stay Connected list so that you will be notified of important application updates and to print a poster to put up in your school. To do so, please visit our School Officials page.
The CTE application is now open with a priority deadline of July 15 (applications will continue to be awarded on a rolling basis until all awards have been claimed).Apply Now FAQs