500 scholarships at up to $2,500 each
The Career & Technical Scholarship Program is funded through the generosity of Horatio Alger Association Members, Dennis R. Washington and Jim F. Dicke II. Scholarships are awarded to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States.
- Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential) by July 1
- Be enrolled in an associate’s degree, certificate, or diploma program by September that will lead to employment
- May not be enrolled in pre-requisite courses
- Attend a not-for-profit post-secondary institution
- Demonstrate financial need; applicants must either show family income of $55,000 or less OR prove Pell Grant eligibility
- Be under the age of 35
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for any costs associated with earning a degree/certificate including, but not limited to: tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation and other personal expenses. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.
If you are a school official, you may sign up for our Stay Connected list so that you will be notified of important application updates and to print a poster to put up in your school. To do so, please visit our School Officials page.
The Career & Technical Education application is now open until June 15, 2023