500 scholarships at up to $2,500 each
The Career & Technical Scholarship Program is funded through the generosity of Horatio Alger Association Members, Jim F. Dicke II and Dennis Washington. Scholarships are awarded to students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their lives who wish to pursue a career or technical education at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States.
- Have completed high school (or earned a high school equivalency credential)
- Have at least half of your program remaining, with a graduation date no earlier than May 2023.
- Cannot be taking pre-requisite courses and must be enrolled in your program
- Must be enrolled full-time by Fall 2022 to be eligible.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary institution in the United States
- Demonstrated critical financial need (must be eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA)
- Demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Be under the age of 30
- Be a United States citizen
Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. All scholarship funds are paid directly to the institution on behalf of the recipient.
If you are a school official, you may sign up for our Stay Connected list so that you will be notified of important application updates and to print a poster to put up in your school. To do so, please visit our School Officials page.
The CTE application is currently closed. It will open on March 15th, 2022 with a priority deadline on June 15, 2022. Scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis throughout the spring and summer.Apply Now FAQs