2022 Virtual Summer Assistant Opportunity at Horatio Alger
The Horatio Alger Association is looking for a Summer Assistant intern to help support its Summer 2022 College Success Program! The Summer 2022 College Success Program will take place virtually and run throughout June and July to support our incoming, 2022 Scholars to help them prepare for their first year of college. Over 250+ incoming U.S. Horatio Alger Scholars will participate in this programming throughout the summer. The Association is looking for this role to provide logistic and technical support, as well as facilitation capacity to support first-year college students across the U.S.
The Summer Assistant internship will take place from Wednesday, June 15th through Friday, July 29th, and will be 20-25 hours per week. Flexibility to work morning and some evening hours is a must, especially based on the Scholar’s time zone. The Summer Assistant intern will be compensated at $15/hour and will report to a Scholar Services Coordinator.
- Provide support in facilitating live, virtual sessions (breakout rooms, ice breakers for the College Success Program (Supporting six 1.5-hour sessions weekly, plus orientation sessions)
- Troubleshoot technical challenges with Scholars, provide support in facilitating breakout rooms and ice breakers for students
- Manage the College Success email and provide support for Scholars who need to reschedule their sessions
- Deliver feedback on student’s College Success Program assignments, monitor virtual discussion board activities
- Collect Scholar feedback about the College Success Program and provide recommendations to the Scholar Services Coordinators
- Support programmatic priorities, as designated by the Scholar Services Coordinators
- Additional duties as assigned
- Applicants must be a 2018, 2019, 2020, or 2021 U.S. Horatio Alger Scholar in good standing with the Association
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (with an Excel emphasis)
- Zoom proficiency: setting up meetings, managing breakout rooms, etc.
- Must be available to work 20-25 hours per week (some early mornings and late evenings will be required, depending on the time zone of the applicant)
- Availability from June 15th to July 29th
- Must have access to consistent internet and technology device
- Strong time management skills & an ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/projects
- Team player, as well as attention to detail and flexibility are a must
Interested in applying? Navigate to your Scholar Portal under Opportunities to apply!