2020 David E. Ritchie Study Abroad Scholarship Application Instructions
Thanks to Association Member David E. Ritchie, Horatio Alger National Scholars currently pursuing business degrees, and who are interested in studying in beautiful British Columbia, Canada, have the opportunity to receive a study abroad scholarship (of up to $36,000) to study at the University of Victoria in Canada. One study abroad scholarship is available to be awarded this year, and the application is open from January 1 -February 15.
- Be an undergraduate recipient of a Horatio Alger Scholarship currently in good standing with the Association
- Have a minimum 3.0 (B average) undergraduate cumulative GPA
- Have completed two years (60 cumulative hours/credits) of your bachelor’s degree at the time the program begins
- Be pursuing a business degree
- Offer evidence of community service and/or civic involvement
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Provide a letter from your current college indicating that the school would accept credit hours taken during the study abroad program at the University of Victoria towards your undergraduate degree
The David E. Ritchie Study Abroad Scholarship will provide either a four (September-December OR January-April) or eight month grant (September-April) that can be used toward tuition, fees, medical and dental coverage at the University of Victoria. Please note that this grant may not cover all costs associated with the Study Abroad program. The estimated cost of the program is $15,163 for the four month program and $29,701 for the eight month program. This program will award a maximum grant of $18,000 for the four month program and $36,000 for the eight month program. Recipients will enroll in 5 courses each term in the business degree program.
You must plan to attend the study abroad program beginning in September 2020 or January 2021.
1. Review the University of Victoria study abroad program information and guidelines to make sure you meet the requirements before you apply at https://www.uvic.ca/future-students/undergraduate/admissions/short-term/study-abroad/index.php
3. Complete an online application at https://www.uvic.ca/future-students/undergraduate/apply/ (Follow the international application guidelines.) Please note that there is a $100.00 non-refundable fee to apply to the University of Victoria. .